Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Julien D'ys

I read an article in Vogue magazine in March of 2009 about a "hair artist" named Julien D'Ys. When I started this blog I wanted to feature artists in whatever form they may come and he is definitely, in my book, a true artist. His given name is Pierrick Le Verge. Besides the fact that he did the "cut of all cuts" for model Linda Evangelista, he has worked for the fashion houses of Yves Saint Laurent, Galliano and Chanel.   He has also worked with noted photographers such as Irving Penn, Steven Klein, Steven Meisel, Peter Lindbergh and Annie Leibovitz who shot the photograph above for Vogue magazine. His work and his craft make me think that he, in a past life, would have been working for Marie Antoinette. He is so far forward of everyone that he is in a league of his own. 
Julien regularly contributes to the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute. Check out his video: http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=6150

The guy is so cool, I want him to be my friend. I'm gonna see if he is on facebook.  Check out his creative thoughts and how he designs at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvZ-l6PD5E

No comments:

Post a Comment