Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Parisian Apartment. Part Cinq. L’appartement: Hardwood Floors

 
Like I said, it’s not that hard to have a gorgeous apartment in Paris. You just have to look for the basics and 99% of the time they are available. There are seven basics to look for: Hardwood floors, high ceilings, French windows, moulding, hardware, a balcony, and a fireplace. Then there are the extras: updated kitchen and updated bathroom, but don’t hold your breath for this. Other extras are: a terrace, washer, dryer, good closets and extra fireplaces. Let’s look at hardwood floors today…






There are three basic types of hardwood floors: Chevron/Herringbone, Parquet de Versailles and plank. Do not take an apartment with newly engineered hardwood floors. Gross. It will ruin your whole Parisian apartment vibe. Don’t even get me started on carpet. Your hardwood floors are your base and you build from there.





  I started to do a little research on the history of hardwood floors, but I nearly bored myself to death. Most apartments have the Chevron/Herringbone pattern. The colors can vary from raw, grey, low gloss, high-gloss to dark brown to a very dramatic nearly black. I like all of them.

 




What I like most about old hardwood floors is the creaky sound that they make. You don’t get that with tile or carpet or marble. Also, designwise, hardwood floors are the foundation for any decorating style. You can go modern, eclectic, historic, anything! Any type of rug will work with hardwood floors (except ugly ones) from aubusson, Persian, sisal/seagrass, zebra, vintage Berber, Flokati or even a cool Kelly Weartzler modern rug.
After you check off hardwood floors on your list, next up, stay tuned for Parisian Apartment.Part Six. L'appartement: High Ceilings. 

9 comments:

  1. Why is Paris more elegant than Provence? That is easy: hardwood floors. Done and done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having timber flooring will surely enhance the beauty of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information in your post is really wonderful. I really like the information which you have shared.
    Hardwood Flooring

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first obviously is solace. There is in no way like awakening on a frosty morning and putting your feet on warm hardwood floors. wholesale flooring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such great information. can you help me in finding out more detail on acoustic flooring

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! best small teak shower stools

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! best teak shower benches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also apartment for rent in Masteri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing such amazing information about this. I am currently searching for a good place to buy the best quality hardwood flooring, so this helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete